Saturday, August 22, 2009

Make You Day Count

Every day is a gift to us! What we make of it is totally up to you and me. Do you know what you are going to do today? Have you made any plans for your day yet?
As a business entrepreneur, I have goals and targets that I want to get accomplished. Some of those goals are long term like 5 to 10 years away but some of them are much shorter like one month to a year. What I do now will determine whether or not I attain those goals in the future or not. And if I really apply myself well and have a little luck, I may just blow right by those goals. Wouldn’t that be just great!

It all starts here and now. TODAY! Today must count. What is it that is the most important thing or task that you need to accomplish today. Then plan to do that task during a part of your day that you are at peek performance and are least likely to be interfered with. Each of us has our favorite time of the day in which we prefer to engage in those tasks that require our complete attention and concentration. You know when that is so when you plan your day, schedule the tasks that will require the most concentration during that time. Then go from there and schedule in the easier things that need to be done.

Those things might be washing clothes, mowing the lawn, washing dishes, fixing the car and the list goes on. Do you understand why you need to ‘seize your day’ if you are going to get all of those things done? For me, I have lots of things to do. As a farmer, there are times when I am very busy in the field or working on machinery or doing paper work. As an Organic farmer, there is a fair amount of documenting and record-keeping that needs to be done. So when am I going to do the necessary tasks that need to be done to build my internet marketing business?

Well for me that time is right now. Before I get busy with everything else. If I don’t take the time to do my marketing at the proper time, it just might not get done. And oh, I forgot about my family. Four kids and a wife… yes they need some time too! I’m sure that you get the idea by now. Each and every one of us needs to plan out our day so that we are sure that we accomplish those tasks that ‘must be done’ in order for us to reach our long term goals. Remember this-we will reach our long term goals and dreams because we reached our short term goals and that may be as short as planning one hour at a time.

I was told by an elderly person many years ago that a successful day starts the evening before. Start thinking about your next day. What do I want to accomplish and what do I need to line up now to make that happen. Also, what time do I need to start my day to get it all done. So maybe I should get to bed in a good time so I will get enough rest. Take some time to think about these things. Don't work youself too hard, be sur to take some time for R&R!

And remember this; every day is a gift to us! What we make of it is totally up to you and me. Have an awesome day!