Monday, January 25, 2010

How Can Being More Decisive Make You a More Effective Marketer

Have you ever had those days when it seemed like you just didn't get much accomplished? I'm sure we have all had that experience in the past but lets take a look at how it can affect the profits of your business.

When you get involved with a Home Based Internet Business where you now work for yourself, decisive decision making takes on a new perspective. Here's why.


Most of us have had a job of some type where we received our instructions from someone else; probably our boss. And at the end of the day we had to answer to him or her concerning what we actually got accomplished for the day. If we did not finish our work assigned to us, there was a consequence to face.


Now that I have a Home Based Internet Business, there is no one to dictate precisely what my assignment is for the day. For me, I do very well when I have a decisive or specific list of things that need to be accomplished for the day. As a farmer, there are days when there are certain procedures that MUST be done. Then there are days when nothing is pressing and I can do 'whatever' to fill my day. Those are the days that I don’t seem to get as much accomplished.


Now that I am involved with a Home Based Internet Business for multiple streams of income, I find this principle to hold true. When I am decisive about what I am going to get accomplished during the time allotment that I have available to work my business, it seems as if I get little done. Yes, I am faithful to put the time in but there are so many avenues in which I can go down that unless I decide exactly what I am going to do, I don’t get much of anything done that ‘really counts’. You know what I mean; makes my business grow, get more customers, and most importantly - make money. Yes, I may have put my time in but if my plan was to ‘work on my business’ that would mean that I could do one of a hundred different things.


Well, my business coach challenged me in his entrepreneur developement program, to be more decisive as to exactly what I am going to accomplish each day and to even break it down into time segments and precisely what I am going to focus on during that time. Will it be advertising? Calling my leads or writing an article like I am doing right now? And more specific, where am I going to advertise? Google, Craigslist, safelists, email list or all four? What I have learned is that when I choose to be very specific as to the tasks I am going to do each day, that I am able to get so much more accomplished involving those important things that will really count. And that means making more money in my business.

So from now on, I want to challenge you to write down the things that you choose to get accomplished each day. Be specific. Be decisive!

I am thankful for my mentor who has helped me to understand this concept and who now holds me accountable as to whether I am staying on task each day.


Paul Mattison

Home Business Entrepreneur

p.s. Feel free to join us each day on Seize Your Day and become a more effective marketer!
Click on this link for the scedule: www.hb2events.com